【competition】MERCK Innovation Cup 2022 – Great minds come together
- 活動日期：July 23-29, 2022. Near Frankfurt, Germany
- Sciences: Postgraduate students in the life, material and data sciences, on their way towards a PhD in biology, chemistry, medicine, physics, biotech, bioinformatics, biochemistry, pharmacy, informatics, computer science, data science, engineering or related fields. Also Post Docs can apply!
- Business: Advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in the pharmaceutical business and a life science background.
- 請至活動網址報名，上傳motivational letter, CV including publication list，並且選擇有興趣的研究主題
Oncology/ immuno-oncology /immunology /drug discovery technologies /digitalization /connected health/ anti-aging
GREAT MINDS COME TOGETHER AT MERCK
As a participant in our Innovation Cup, you get a chance to network with top students from around the world, work in teams to develop new innovative ideas for unmet medical need, and build a business case with support from experienced professionals. We are offering shared prizes of €20,000 for the winning team and €5,000 for the runner-up. Selected top performing participants could get an offer for a permanent employment at Merck. And to make things even more interesting, options to implement the best business plans will be evaluated.
The Innovation Cup summer camp takes place on 23 - 29 July 2022, near Frankfurt, Germany. Your travel, accommodation and food expenses are paid for by Merck
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Applications for the 2022 Innovation Cup are open. Apply until 31. Jan 2022 by selecting your team here. You can apply for more than one team.
As part of the Innovation Cup, selected applicants will join a week-long summer camp, to work together in a highly stimulating environment.
- Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the fields: oncology, immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, small molecules drug discovery, protein engineering and screening, digitalization.
- Evaluate your ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
- Learn the essentials about R&D within the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with the brightest students from all over the world
- Understand how products can be successfully discovered, developed, and brought to market
- Get to know Merck and learn about career options
A jury consisting of senior Merck researchers and managers as well as external experts will pick the winning business plans for first and second place.
On the last day of the summer camp, a conference with alumni of previous Innovation Cup editions will be organized. Learn what alumni are doing today and expand your network of top innovators.
Following the Innovation Cup, options to implement the best business plans will be evaluated. We will keep you posted.Travel, accommodation and food expenses are paid for by Merck.
This program is not open to healthcare professionals. Merck retains exclusive right to make any press release or any kind of public communication about the Innovation Cup winner(s).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are from postgraduate students in the life sciences working towards a PhD in biology, medicine, biotech, bioinformatics, computer science, data science, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related fields. Postdoctoral students are also welcome to apply, as are advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in the pharmaceutical business and a background in life sciences.
This programme is not open to healthcare professionals.
Applications for the 2022 Innovation Cup are open until 31Jan 2022.